Thursday, July 23, 2009

paying tribute

we went to the cemetary to see my dad's two brothers, his mom and dad. the brothers each had four roses and laid one on each of the headstones while my cousin played his trumpet. it was really neat and a bit emotional. i can't believe it's been 8 years since my grandma bird passed away. being in fairfield for the day brought back a lot of memories of her and getting to go stay at her house, which we loved! she always had yummy treats, cable tv, rhubarb growing outside, and nothin' was better than swimming at the fairfield pool. it was so neat to have her around while i was living in utah too. she helped me shop for my wedding dress and bought my veil. occasionally i would go pick her up and take her shopping, and a few times jeff and i went and stayed with her while bruce and sabra went out of town. i am grateful for those opportunities.
i wish i had known my grandpa, i imagine him to be like my dad only with a thick norwegian accent. i look forward to meeting him and my uncles, eddie and nolan.


thanks to pam and marcy who took the lead and planned to reunion for all of us. you guys are awesome.

No comments: