Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kolste Family Reunion

we had our first ever kolste family reunion. we went to the old homestead that my dad grew up on. the original home is no longer there. i wish my kids could have seen it. it was made of two box cars, and eventually had a few add-ons but it was still tiny. it is beautiful there. will loved sitting on all the old tractors. a family pic on one of their old tractors that now sits on the foundation of the old house.
all my parents grandkids except 4 who were not there.


my family.

my cute parents.
i left there with an appreciation most especially for my grandma. man she was one tough cookie. she raised 5 boys on that farm. the two oldest boys died when they were 19 and 20, and my grandpa died at 54. she was an amazing lady.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

isn't family great!!! i'm glad you guys are having a fun summer.

Anonymous said...

How fun I hope you enjoyed being with your family. Cute pic. of you guys. I love huge family pics like that