Monday, April 4, 2011

running (well, technically jogging) the Moab 1/2

On March 19th i ran my first half. it was so much fun. yes, fun. running 13.1 miles may not sound fun, but strangely it was. however the training that goes into, not so fun. but worth it. it is amazing what you can accomplish. back in january when i first started running again, i didn't think it would be possible. i felt so slow (and i was) i could barely run 12 minutes a mile. i thought i would never get to my goal of 10 minutes a mile. my favorite brother darrick (and yes he is my favorite right now) me and allison (my bff) and her friend (can't remember her name, oops) before the race started.
darrick and me after the race. i felt really good after the race (or so i thought) a couple hours after i got really sick. i think my body went into shock! i loved having my brother run with me, hopefully next year we can get a few more to run with us. (hint, hint to all my brothers and sisters and sisters in law)

4 comments:

Brittani said...

wahoo....here's to next year!

Chels said...

Great job! Hopefully I will be able to do it with you next time.

The Kolste Family said...

I cant believe you said Darrick was your favorite! Its because they have nicer dishes huh? Great job again. I will join you one of these days.

almond nuthouse said...

I just ran the salt lake half marathon last weekend and it was awesome. I did the same thing...felt great after and then about 45 minutes later, the medic had to come over to keep me from passing out. Not fun!! Congrats on your first, it's amazing isn't it?